If you want an office chair in 2019, then you are in look. Since you sit in a chair all day, office chairs now rely more on practical use, then aesthetically pleasing designs. So, if you want to know what the best office chair under 300 dollars is, then read the rest of this article.
If you are like most Americans, then you spend roughly eight hours each day sitting in your office chair for five days out of the week. As such, don’t you think it is worth it to invest in a quality chair for the sake of your posture, comfort, and spine health? Luckily, you do not have to break the bank to find an excellent office chair that suits your needs. In fact, on this list we rank a series of models so we can see the best office chair under 300 dollars. If you want to improve the quality of your work, then come check them out.
How We Rate the Office Chairs on this List
To find the best office chair under 300 dollars, we compile a group of different 2018 office chairs from different brands. We then look at three specific areas for each chair. Specifically, we look at overall comfort, the material used, and final price. For each particular area, we ask a series of questions that help us determine the strengths and weaknesses of each product. From there, we assign the chairs a score out of five stars so we can identify the best office chair under 300 dollars.
- Overall comfort — How does the chair feel when you sit in it? Do it become uncomfortable after a long time? Or is it comfortable throughout the day?
- The material used — What equipment do they use when making the chair? Is it durable and comfortable? Or does it easily break?
- Final price — How much does the chair cost? Is it worth the price they ask?
Top Ten Best Office Chairs
Here are some of our favorite office chairs of 2018, ranked from the best office chair under 300 dollars, to the worst office chair under 300 dollars.
HON Wave Big and Tall Executive Chair
- Made of Metal, Mesh & Leather | Easy assembly required
- Chair dimensions – 25.63" D x 30.25" W x 42.88" H | Seat dimensions – 19” D x 22” W | Arm adjustment – 21” W x 3”-9” H | Back width – 23” | Weight capacity – 450 lbs. | Unit weight – 59 lbs. | Lumbar support fixed
- Give your neck and back a break; these adjustable-height and width arms move up and down, and toward and away from the body to adapt to your body
- Let this comfortable office chair take care of your body while you work with an easy, adjustable recline, customizable lower back support and pneumatic height adjustment
- Pull up to your computer desk, swivel around to collaborate with your teammate, or wheel over to the snack area for a quick break with this five-star resin base and 5 durable wheels
5 out of 5 stars
The new HON Wave remains at the top of our list because it is a tank of an office chair, both in size and durability. It will take a lot of effort if you want to damage this chair. However, unlike a tank, it remains incredibly comfortable. The chair costs two hundred and eighty-five dollars. However, keep in mind that some smaller individuals claim that the chair does not adequately support their spines when sitting. As such, it suits the needs of larger individuals better. Five stars out of five stars
SPACE Seating Big and Tall AirGrid Back and Padded Mesh Seat
- Dimensions- Maximum Seat Height: 23.25" | Minimum Seat Height: 19.25" | Seat Back Height: 23.75" | Seat Back Width: 20.75" | Seat Bottom Depth: 20" | Seat Bottom Width: 19.25" | Seat Bottom Thickness: 2.5" | Product Weight: 41 lbs
- One touch pneumatic Seat Height adjustment
- 2-Way adjustable arms with PU pads
- Gunmetal Finish Base with Dual Wheel Carpet Casters
- Double airgrid Back and custom fabric Seat with adjustable lumbar support
5 out of 5 stars
The double air grid back does an excellent job of providing both support and overall comfort. If you are a tall individual (over six feet), then we cannot think of a better chair for you. The SPACE Seating Big and Tall seat holds four hundred pounds and holds firm even under intense pressure. If you are worried about the hydraulics snapping, then do not be — they will remain secure while you sit in it. This large office chair cost three hundred dollars. However, as we mentioned the company designed the chair for large individuals. As such, small people will like to feel back strain after sitting in this thing for too long. So make sure you are at least six feet tall before buying it. Five stars out of five stars
Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair with Lumbar Support
- ★ COMFORTABLE, WITH MORE ADJUSTMENT OPTIONS THEN ANY OTHER CHAIR IN ITS CLASS - Thanks to our uniquely designed mechanism, this state-of-the-art office chair is more adjustable than almost all office chairs on the market. you can be assured of finding the perfect comfortable seating position just for you. You can adjust the headrest height and angle. Lumbar support height and depth. Armrest height and distance from seat; the seat height; the backrest tilt; and the tilt tension
- ★ BREATHABLE MESH - The breathable mesh back on this ergonomic office chair provides support while keeping your back cool and comfortable. Cool air circulates through the mesh keeping your back sweat-free and allowing you to sit in the chair comfortably for longer periods of time compared to traditional chairs
- ★ FULLY ADJUSTABLE BACK SUPPORT - Having back issues or don’t want to develop them? Our unique office chair includes adjustable lumbar support that goes in and out, up and down, and a recline feature that allows you to tilt the backrest back or sit straight. Now you can quickly find a position that makes your back feel the most comfortable!
- ★ EASY TO INSTAL - Simple instructions enable anyone to put this executive chair together in eight simple steps! Then once built you’ll be able to adjust the chair to your individual needs. The chair’s pneumatic controls will let you raise or lower the seat and tilt back the backrest or sit straight up. You can easily find the ergonomic position that will allow you to work comfortably for long periods of time
- ★ HIGHEST QUALITY WITH 5-YEAR WARRANTY - This adjustable task chair is made to last. It has a weight capacity of 330 LBS and is made from the highest quality materials, including a soft cushion seat, sturdy arm and head rests and rollerblade caster wheels that allow you to move easily across the office floor. Get your office chair – and boost your work comfort! Your purchase will be backed by a 100% money-back guarantee. Try this chair for 90 days - if you don't love it, you can return it
4.5 out of 5 stars
This office chair scores a lot of points on our list for being one of the most comfortable chairs. If you suffer from a sweaty back while working, then you will love the fresh, breathable mesh that keeps the heat off your skin. The Duramont office chair cost two hundred and forty dollars. The chair features adjustable lumbar support and can hold up to three hundred thirty pounds. This chair is also the easiest on the list to install without professional help. The only common complaint is that the chair is not particularly comfortable for all individuals. As such, it is best suited for short people. 4.5 stars out of five stars
Sieges Ergonomic Mesh Office Chair
- Functionality Chair - This Office Task Chair can be easily personalized by adjusting the arms, setting the pneumatic seat and swivel 360 degrees around to your desired height and moving to the appropriate position. Makes it an excellent choice for any executive.
- Comfortable Support: the chair back can be held at the position (90°-135°) by using the tilt lock mechanism (eg:100° is a perfect position then I lock it by pull the tilt lock-in,also when you want to change the position just pull it out and you need to Lean back when you hear 'click' the back of the chair can be adjusted. This makes the chair safer.), so you can find the perfect posture to support you.
- Full Mesh Design: The headrest, backrest and the seat designed with a HIGH-QUALITY breathable mesh, ergonomic curvature for back support, the mesh-covered seat for extra comfort. Embrace a pain-free working day!
- Tension adjustment: The mesh in the seat can adjust the tension by using tension appliance, you can adjust it to your personal preferences. Also, you can adjust the seat height by the gas lift.
- Dual-Wheel Casters - The office chair comes with double caster wheels allow smooth-rolling mobility for multi-tasking convenience, makes it a great assistant for your daily work
4 out of 5 stars
With this office chair, you can work from your desk all day long without feeling at the pain. This ability is thanks to the smooth mesh material supported by a solid back and headrest. The adjustable arms settings and dual wheel casting system are two other nice touches. This office chair fits most sizes pretty well thanks to the customizable height and back settings. All together the chair costs two hundred and eleven dollars, which makes it reasonably affordable — though we should note that this chair fits medium and small size individuals best. Larger people will want to check out some of the earlier models. Four stars out of five stars
Office Star High Back Breathable ProGrid Chair
- Breathable ProGrid Back with Built-in Lumbar Support
- One Touch Pneumatic Seat Height Adjustment. Weight Capacity: Up to 250 pounds
- Synchrony Control with Seat Slider and Adjustable Tilt Tension
- Fixed Back Height. Seat Size: 20 inches wide x 18.5 inches deep, Back Size: 23.25 inches high x 21.25 inches wide
- Height and Width Adjustable Arms with PU Pads
4 out of 5 stars
The tension control found mid-knee on the chair give it stability some of the other chairs on this list seem to lack. The seat size is twenty inches wide and nineteen inches deep, and the company makes it out of padded mesh fabric. The Office Star costs two hundred fifty-five dollars. However, we should note that if you are a more prominent individual, then you may experience some discomfort in the chair when you sit in for long periods. Otherwise, everyone seems to agree that this chair is very comfortable. Four stars out of five stars
HON BSXVL721LH10 Exposure Mesh Task Chair
HON BSXVL721LH10 Exposure Mesh Task Chair
3.5 out of 5 stars
While this HON mesh chair remains cheaper than the HON Wave Big and Tall Executive Chair, it might not be able to fit the same large individuals. Still, for a medium-sized individual, the chair remains a good value, especially considering the included features like adjustable lumbar support. One of these office chairs cost one hundred and seventy-nine dollars — almost one hundred less than the other HON model. However, keep in mind that it is very tall. Short individuals may even find that their legs dangle off it. 3.5 stars out of five stars
Flash Furniture HERCULES Series Office Chair
Flash Furniture HERCULES Series Office Chair
3.5 out of 5 stars
As its name suggests, the Flash Furniture HERCULES is capable of holding massive amounts of weight which makes it ideal for larger individuals. Correctly, the HERCULES can hold up to five hundred pounds. The classic black design comes with a tilt lock feature and excellent lumbar support. The chair cost two hundred and sixty dollars. While the chair can undoubtedly take on the right amount of weight, it suffers when it comes to comfort. Many people complained that the padding included with the chair is not worth the price of the chair. Others noted that the arms became wobbly only a week after installation. 3.5 stars out of five stars
Boss Office Products B991-GY Heavy Duty Double Plush LeatherPlus Chair
- Fabric/Material: Caressoft is vinyl upholstery that looks & feels like leather, but is far more durable and can easily be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- Overall Product Dimensions: 31" W x 31" D x 44″ H | Weight Capacity: 400 lb
- Max Height: 47″ | Back Height: 29″ | Back Width: 23″ | Seat Depth: 19″ | Seat Width: 22.5″ | Seat Height: 19 -22″ H” | Arm Height: Fixed
- Heavy-Duty Spring-Tilt Mechanism: Changes the angle of the entire seat relative to the floor and allows one to transfer some of the upper body weight to the backrest of the chair. It is important to change body positioning throughout the day.
- Gas Lift The pneumatic gas lift allows the user to modify their height in relation to their work surface, leading to an increase in comfort and ergonomic benefit.
3 out of 5 stars
The Boss Office chair combines the modern look of many offices today with the plush comfort of pillow upholstery. The leather looks great on the chair, and the sturdy lumbar frame can comfortably support heavier individuals who weigh up to three hundred fifty pounds. The units cost around two hundred and twenty-five dollars. The main issue with the Boss Office chair seems to be quality. Individuals report that the leather seat rips up after few months of heavy use. Others complain that the chair feels unstable. While these issues might relate to simple user error during assembly, the large quantity of them seems to suggest that the brand skips some corners when it comes to quality control. Three Stars out of five stars
DXRacer Racing Series Gaming Chair
- Ergonomic design-- more efficiently and comfortably, Free bonus: headrest cushion & lumbar cushion
- Patent race car seat breathable material:PU cover
- Conventional Tilt Mechanism, Flexible seat back with adjustment
- 3D straight Adjustable Arms
- Lifetime warranty on frame, 24-month warranty on parts
3 out of 5 stars
The DXRacer Racing Series Gaming Chair offers excellent lumbar support for its three hundred dollar price tag. The chair supports the spinal column better than a lot of the chairs on this list. Altogether it is a comfy alternative to traditional office chairs. Another nice feature is the reclining feature of the chair, which allows you to adjust to fit your comfort level. But there are a few issues that come along with it as well. We included this chair reasonably far down on the list because it is relatively expensive for a gaming chair. It is also tough to assemble if you do not have experience putting things together. The chair also
comes in a lime green color, which might not be professional for some office settings. However, if you work from home, then you might prefer this color, in which case it does not matter. Three stars out of five stars
Lorell Executive High-Back Chair
- Seat and Back angle adjust independently and Lock into place with multifunction mechanism
- Adjust the arm Height and width for a better fit
- Breathable mesh Back and unique mesh fabric Seat
- Ergonomic Back supports your back's natural curvature
- Covered by limited 5-Year
3 out of 5 stars
The Lorell Executive High-Back Chair remains one of the cheaper items on this list considering its price of one hundred fifty-eight dollars. The office chair features a mesh back and bottoms fabric and a shape that fits the curvatures of the human back. The seat height adjusts between seventeen and twenty-one inches and offers swivel and three lever control capabilities. Unfortunately, the low price of this unit comes with some drawbacks. First off, the quality of the chair is not on par with some of the other office chairs included in this list. Some users report that the levers or arms broke after light use. Second, the thin bottom of the chair might not support heavier individuals. If you weigh over two hundred pounds, then you should probably consider a different desk chair. Three stars out of five stars
Office Chair Buyer’s Guide
If you never bought an office chair before, then there are some essential things you should always look for when shopping for a chair. Luckily we compiled a helpful first-time buyers guide for things you should look out for when buying for the best office chair under 300 dollars. The first thing you should look for is a chair with an adjustable height and adjustable backrest. These features will allow you to adjust the chair into a size and setting that feel appropriate for your specific body. Excellent lumbar support is another critical feature. Without lumbar support, the discs in the back of your spine will feel strain resulting in persistent soreness. You also want to make sure that the office chair is the appropriate depths and width for your body. We tried to include chairs that suite both larger and small individuals. Before you buy an office chair, sit on a few at an office store, so you get a sense of what type of material you prefer. Generally speaking, you cannot really go wrong with breathable mesh material. You most likely will also want the chair to be able to swivel. Swiveling allows you to get in and out of your desk easily, as well as communicate more effectively with your coworkers. If multiple people in your house use the chair, then you will want easy access to adjust settings and levers. Otherwise, you will get caught up changing the height and width every time someone new sits down in it. Some chairs contain three levels for quick adjustments you can perform with one hand. While this is not the essential feature, it is still vital to keep in mind when shopping. We hope this article helped you select the best office chair under 300 dollars for you. Whether you work from home or commute to the office every day, you deserve to sit in something that makes you comfortable and confident when working. Investing in a quality chair will not only improve your overall mood and health, but you will also likely see the quality of your work increase as well.
Luckily, there are plenty of great chair options available if you are will to put in a few hundred dollars. Even though some of the chairs on this list are superior to others, we think they all remain pretty great chairs — especially compared to some of the old office chairs your company might have to lie around.
Last update on 2021-10-26 at 05:06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API